A “DC Fan 40x40mm” refers to a direct current (DC) fan with dimensions of 40mm by 40mm. These fans are commonly used in various electronic and cooling applications to dissipate heat and improve airflow. Here’s a description of such a fan:
1. **Size:** The fan has a square shape with dimensions of 40mm by 40mm, often represented as 40x40mm or 4cm x 4cm. The size is a critical factor as it determines how much air the fan can move and where it can fit.
2. **Power Source:** DC fans are powered by direct current, typically provided by a voltage source, such as 12V or 24V, depending on the specific fan model. The voltage requirements may vary among different fans.
3. **Airflow:** DC fans are designed to move air. The airflow generated is measured in cubic feet per minute (CFM) or cubic meters per hour (m³/h) and varies depending on the fan’s specifications.
4. **Speed:** The fan’s speed is typically measured in revolutions per minute (RPM). Fan speed affects the amount of airflow produced and the noise level.
5. **Noise Level:** The noise level is measured in decibels (dB) and indicates how loud the fan is when it’s operating. Lower dB values correspond to quieter fans.
6. **Bearing Type:** DC fans use various bearing types to facilitate the rotation of the blades. Common bearing types include sleeve bearings, ball bearings, and fluid dynamic bearings. The bearing type can affect fan durability and noise level.
7. **Connection:** DC fans typically have two or three wires for connection. The wires are used for power (usually red and black) and sometimes a third wire for speed control or monitoring (yellow or blue).
8. **Mounting Holes:** Fans usually have mounting holes or slots in the frame, allowing for secure attachment to the surface or enclosure where they are needed.
9. **Materials:** Fan blades and frames are typically made of materials like plastic or metal. The choice of material can influence factors like durability and weight.
10. **Use Cases:** DC fans are widely used for cooling electronic components, including computer processors, power supplies, graphics cards, and other heat-generating devices. They are also employed in industrial machinery, appliances, and various cooling applications.
11. **Operating Temperature Range:** The fan may have an operating temperature range specified by the manufacturer, indicating the minimum and maximum temperatures at which it can function effectively.
12. **Longevity:** The lifespan of a DC fan can vary, and it is often expressed in hours of continuous operation. A longer lifespan indicates better durability.
DC fans come in various sizes, voltages, and specifications to meet specific cooling requirements in a wide range of applications. The 40x40mm size is just one of many options available, with larger and smaller fans catering to different cooling needs.